Please only use this solution if the following items are met:
- You are a developer with a strong technical background to integrate this solution.
- You have an existing mobile and/or web app that you wish to integrate the debit card issuance into.
Please note: if you do not have developer resources, we recommend using our standalone white label card apps. This white label app requires zero development, you simply configure the app and change the CNAME registry.
Consumer funded cards will require a username created in the Hydrogen Admin so that the cardholder can properly authenticate in OAuth to view their data and fund their card after issuance. There are multiple ways to accomplish this:
Sign Up Users Before Issuance
Use this option if one of the two criteria applies;
- The user already exists in your system; or
- The user is signing up for your site during a previous step and you have captured all of their data.
Please follow the following steps to sign up the users:
Sign up user in the Hydrogen API
- Admin username and password (required) - the admin username will connect the user auth to the user’s Nucleus data and should always be kept in sync.
- View the password storage options in our article here.
Nucleus Client - POST /nucleus/v1/client with the same username as above. The component will pre-populate as much info as you pass into the client object, besides PII data such as their Social Security Number and Date of Birth.
Pass in existing Hydrogen user to component
The Card Issuance component will create a new Nucleus client username by default, containing the user’s email address, unless you pass in a client-id data attribute into the component
Sign Up Users After Issuance
If you do not sign up the user before issuance, you can still perform the mapping after the process occurs. The user’s email address will create a new Nucleus client_id, which you can retrieve asynchronously using the following two methods:
onSuccess: The “OnSuccess URL” config on the Card Issuance component, will pass the Nucleus client_id of the user. You can then add code to your site to map the logged in user to Hydrogen, by creating a username.
Webhooks: subscribing to either the Client or Card Creation webhooks will give you the Nucleus client_id, which you can then map to your current userbase, or create a new user in your system.
After card issuance, you will need to permission the component. Please see related articles below explaining the card permissioning options.