1. Choose the “GPay” icon on your homescreen.
2. You will be asked to authenticate yourself with a fingerprint or pin. Once authenticated, you will note that the new GPay design doesn't have a button to add new cards. You must press the small card icon at the top right of the screen, next to your image.
3. Press the “Add a card” button on the bottom of the screen.
4. Select “Debit or credit card” from the menu.
*Please note, Google doesn't allow us to take screenshots for Steps 5-8. Please make sure you follow the instructions.*
5. If you have a physical card in your hands, you can now take a photo of the front of the card by positioning it within the frame. If you have a virtual card, click the “Enter details manually” link at the bottom of the screen.
6. Enter in the card number if it hasn't been pre-filled by taking the photo in the previous step. If you have copied the card number from the issuance widget, then you can press and hold the screen to paste the number, or type it in manually.
7. When you begin to enter the card number, the MM/YY and CVC fields will pop up. Please enter the expiration date shown on the front of the card, and the three digit CVC security code shown on the front of a virtual card, and on the back of a physical card.
8. Enter your name, street address, city, state, and zip exactly how they were inputted when you created the card. If this information does not match exactly, Google will reject the card.
9. Finally, select ”Accept and Continue” on the Terms and Conditions from the card processor and bank sponsor.
10. You may get a message asking you to authenticate yourself via text message or email. If not, skip to the next step.
11. Your card will now be added to your wallet! You can use it with all your other cards and passes in the GPay app.