Hydrogen's Card Funding component uses the ACH system. This means it is based on routing and account numbers tied to the U.S. banking system. As a wallet, Paypal does not have these numbers. Thus, when your users try to automatically link their Paypal account in our components, they will see this error.
Not to worry, the user can still push money from their Paypal account! Please instruct them to do the following:
1. Log into Paypal. Select "Send Money."
2. Select "Send to a bank account."
3. Type in the amount of money to send. Please note, Paypal will charge a fee to do this. It is not covered in the Hydrogen fee.
4. There are two options to push money onto the debit card. First, we will examine the easier option: sending the money directly to the Mastercard.
5. Type in the debit card number shown on the front of the card (or in the Card Image no-code component in the case of a virtual and/or tokenized card).
6. A second option is to send to the DDA account number associated with the debit card at Metabank. Here we select the "Bank Deposit" option.
7. The bank name is "Metabank." It will not show up in the Paypal menu, so the user must select "Other" to continue. It will prompt the user to type in the Metabank routing number, and the account number on the DDA.
8. The user can type in "Metabank" as the bank name, and a routing number of "273970116." The account number can be shown on the Card Dashboard no-code component for the user.
9. The user will be prompted to review and confirm their payment in the next few steps. They can put in their own name and address on this Recipient screen.
10. Next, the user can choose which Paypal method to use for the transfer and the transaction fee.
11. Finally, Paypal will ask a few security questions before the payment can be submitted. Below, we have the suggested responses, but the user must select the most appropriate answers.
12. The transfer will show up on the user's card within 30-minutes if they chose the first option, or 1-3 business days, if they chose the second option. Paypal will send the user a confirmation message via email when the transaction is complete.