This is very easy to do on GoDaddy!
You can point a no-code application that you configured on Hydrogen to your GoDaddy hosted domain in as little as 30-seconds.
1. Select a sub-domain that you want to show your no-code application on. For example: cards.mycompany.com or rewards.mycompany.com. You can point this sub-domain to the no-code application you created on your Hydrogen portal. This is called editing the "CNAME" record.
A common practice is to link to this sub-domain via a button, hero image, or text within your site. See the sample below from an e-commerce website that is offering loyalty cards to customers:
2. Once you decide what sub-domain you want, please go to the "Apps" page on your account portal, and select the "White Label Web Apps" tab. After configuring the app, you will see a "Hostname" link enabled. Click on that link and you will see the following modal:
You can select the sub-domain you would like for the no-code application. In this example, L Roy would like to use the Web App and point it to cards.lroy.com. It is suggested that you select "Hydrogen Issued" for the SSL certificate. Please see our article on this subject here.
3. You can now hang tight for a few days. Hydrogen will issue you an SSL certificate via AWS, and create a target for your CNAME. We will open a support ticket for you within 1-3 business days with instructions on how to verify ownership of the domain. You will receive instructions for two different DNS records: one for the SSL, and one for the hostname. For example:
4. Once you receive instructions from us, log into your GoDaddy account and follow their guide here to update the CNAME. Add a Type "CNAME" and in the "Host" box add
gy139ke952y9wn8r3jp32d83891e7q2 and in the "Points to" box add
5921c49f1a3681294lew1495p4t4nlr69.rtqqkybrrw.acm-validations.aws. This will add the SSL certificate to the site.
5. Repeat the same for the hostname DNS by adding a second CNAME record with the "Host" as
cards (you don't need to enter the full .lroy.com domain) and the "Points to" as
cards-1234.alb2.hydrogenplatform.com Your custom hostname is now configured.
6. The DNS may take up to 24 hours to fully propagate. Once it does you are all set! You can link the "Get it Now" button shown in Step 1 to the cards.lroy.com subdomain and your users will be able to issue cards!